Due to insufficient interest this tour was unable to go ahead. We will post here if it is offered again in 2018.
Please see the tour information in full here:
Fill out either of these expression of interest forms and return to: email@example.com
Information about the tour from 2013.
Teacher In-Country Opportunity
in Kendari, Southeast Sulawesi
Aims: From September 27th -October 9th 2013 , this project aims to:
- Provide Australian teachers of the Indonesian Language* with an in-country experience of lndonesian & the cultures of SE Sulawesi.
- Provide Indonesian teachers and students in Kota Kendari, SE Sulawesi with a native-speaker-of-English experience/opportunity
- Allow for real teacher-student connections between teachers and students in Australia and South-east Sulawesi
Pilot Programme: An opportunity which provides Australian teachers, both beginning and experienced, with a chance
- to improve their Indonesian language skills in an immersion setting (home-stay for three nights and experience in a Junior High School)
- an opportunity to learn something of history & culture of the South-east Sulawesi area and to understand something of the history that binds us
Download a Powerpoint presentation on the proposed tour at:
|Cost includesReturn travel to Makassar, via Bali, plus
Final costing will depend upon number of participants but it is hoped that the final cost will be <AUD $3,000
The following programme outline is suggested:
Day 1: Travel from Australia to Bali; overnight in Bali.
Day 2: Travel from Bali to Makassar, overnight in Makassar
Day 3: Travel to Tana Toraja – overnight in Rantepao
Day 4: Cultural tour in Tana Toraja; stay second night in Tana Toraja
Day 5: Return to Makassar; overnight in Makassar
Day 6: Fly to Bau-bau, Buton Island – stay in Bau-bau
Day 7: Historical tour of Bau-Bau, overnight in Baubau
Day 8: Travel to Kendari
Day 9: Homestay Kendari.
Day 10: Homestay Kendari
Day 11: SMP 5 Kendari
Day 12: am: SMP 5 Kendari – midday: travel to Makassar; 5pm flight to Bali.
Day 13: Bali to state capital (overnight flight)
- *Teachers-in-training are also encouraged to apply
To register interest, please contact Pamela Davis, Committee member of Balai Bahasa Indonesia (ACT) at: firstname.lastname@example.org